Sunday, January 31, 2010

Day 19 - Jan. 30, 2010

My resolve to eat only raw foods vanished today, as I made my favorite soup. I had company and a potluck to prepare for on Sunday. All of a sudden, the raw foods craze disappeared as quickly as it had begun. Ha! I laugh at myself.
Well, here's the thing. We all know how serious these potlucks are. I mean, come on, your next calling could depend on just how good that dish is. Just kidding. You do gain in stature and respect though, if you bring something praiseworthy or of good report. (: Which means all recipes must be tasted before you can allow the winds of critical dining to have at it. So I sacrificed my raw food diet for the promise, well hope of being accepted at church with my soup offering. I know that sounds all wrong but in my little branch these 5th Sunday potlucks are BIG!
So I made the chicken with wild rice soup. I made some without the chicken for myself, but it definitely took me off raw foods. I must admit it was a good way to end my short term lifestyle. I'll be back to the raw food diet soon though, because I really liked eating that way.
Other than that, I'm still full steam (ahhhh, love those hot soups) ahead on eating the Word of Wisdom way!

3 comments:

  1. We are compromising at our house. After reading and thinking about the wow we have decided to be majority vegetarian. Meaning that at least 4 days out of the week we will try to eat vegetarian and the other 3 may contain meat of some sort. Maybe you could be majority rawarian? I understand about the soup. You've always made some pretty mean soups...

    p.s. does verse 17 mean that we can drink beer? -ben

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...I'm guessing if it does, the prophet missed it :)

    You know, I really agree that there has to be balance. I had a conversation with Joel and told him I wanted to focus more on veggies, fruits and grains. At first he was like, why? Then after discussing it we both decided it sounded like a healthy lifestyle but there was still no way I was going to give up Turkey for Thanksgiving or a Sunday pot roast, etc. And I could never give up cheese either. But for a majority of the time, we want to try and be vegetarians. Your soup was super tasty. And I like the brownie bites. You should post the recipe. I was really impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ben, you are hilarious. Uh, look at verse 7. I'm so happy I'm not in this alone. I think we will all be so much healthier. And my next real push is to find recipes that are really, really good for company and special occasions. I'm still working on desserts, too. Keep asking the questions, though, it helps a lot to think things through. Yay, for us!

    ReplyDelete