Monday, February 1, 2010

Day 20 - Jan. 31, 2010

My grandchildren love pancakes and waffles so this morning we all worked together to create some super healthy all grain waffles. I have the cutest waffle maker that makes heart shaped waffles. They love that. I left off the syrup and went with butter, treating the waffle more like toast than what it really was.
And next came the potluck. I was careful to eat a small scoop of soup. The Elders insisted that I try their offering and so I ended up taking a small ladle of three different types. One was a mushroom barley soup that I enjoyed a lot. All of the soups had meat in them but the nice thing about that, is that a portion of meat in a big pot of soup turns out to be very small. You can enjoy the taste meat brings into the bowl of soup without gorging on the meat itself. Yum! Someone made a fantastic salad with feta cheese, dried fruit, nuts, etc. It was amazing and I had several modest servings of that as well.
Weight-wise, I blew it on the bread. I love bread and the whiter the better. (Being somewhat of a nutritional nut that makes me feel so sinful to say.) I only eat whole wheat at home, except for the garlic bread I have occasionally, but the white bread is so good tasting. My waistline is going to suffer significantly tomorrow when I weigh in on my 1 month doing the diet day. Argh!
My daughter made fajitas for dinner. I skipped the meat and took the rice, black beans, cheese and guacamole on a whole wheat shell. It was oh so good and satisfying and this time I stopped when I wanted more. I tried to drink a lot in the evening (water) to satisfy any urges to eat something I shouldn't.
All in all, it was a Word of Wisdom kind of day. That makes me happy. I still need to work on portion control. I am not an active person in the winter. I really don't do enough exercise to burn many calories at all. In the warmer months I walk a lot. I am always out strolling the nature trails and beach.
This morning I weighed myself and was so sad to see the scale sitting on the exact numbers it had the week before. Even after eating those days of raw foods. I was really surprised. The only thing I know to do is work hard at limiting my food intake. If I can't eat healthy raw foods and lose the weight, what chance do I have???? Because I'm getting older I don't see myself doing wild and crazy work outs, but maybe I can...naw...don't think that will happen. The losing weight part of this diet isn't happening like I hoped it would - heaven help me!

No comments:

Post a Comment