Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Day 7 - Jan. 18, 2010

I've been trying to eat the Word of Wisdom for one week and here is the wisdom I've gained in that short one week:
1) It is not hard physically but it is hard to eat this way emotionally.
I have emotional attachments to food. I believe with all my heart that the Word of Wisdom means to eat foods (as much as possible) in their most nutritious and natural state, like right off the vine and soon after they have been picked. I love hot food and processed food and fried food and...and... But it is so easy to pick up a banana, a pepper, etc. and eat it. Emotionally it just isn't as satisfying.
2) I don't listen to my body when it tells me it is full. I eat slowly enough to have the chance for my body to tell me when it is full but I don't listen to it. Again, it is an emotional thing.
3) Last Sunday we were learning about the creation in Sunday School class. I was fascinated by this scripture which further supports the Word of Wisdom: Moses 2: 29, "And I, God said unto man: Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree in the which shall be the fruit of a tree yielding seed: to you it shall be for meat." It says the same thing in Genesis and Abraham.
4) Last but not least...This is definitely going to be an emotional journey for me, full of self examinations and hard won battles of mind over matter.

1 comment:

  1. Hm, I don't remember ever thinking about that scripture that way. Interesting. You're definitely on the right path and I suggest you write every emotional and physical challenge you're feeling. Be totally honest. I'm enjoying reading your thoughts and insights.

    ReplyDelete