Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Day 8 - Jan. 19, 2010

Yesterday, I ate pretty well. I did have one piece of cherry pie, which Suz agreed upon. We went out for lunch and I actually ordered a salad. And I was so pleasantly surprised to find it was fantastic! So I didn't feel left out or deprived (there come those feelings again).
Today, I was feeling down and I so wanted to scarf down the rest of that pie, contest or no contest. I just wanted to eat and eat and eat. I wish that when I was depressed or down I had the opposite reaction to food. I wish I totally LOST my appetite, not found it as I do now! I even took the pie out of the frig and opened it up. My senses were accosted by the pleasant aroma of cherry pie and all the sentimental attachment to that lovely dessert played havoc with my resolve. I closed it up and gave Sonny an ultimatum to eat it or throw it out. Luckily, effentually, he put me out of my misery.
So I feasted on celery sticks with peanut butter and triscuits with pepper jack cheese and at night because I really thought I was going to go crazy, low fat microwave popcorn. Yeah, none of it was as good as that cherry pie smelled but it got me through. Sonny and I watched a movie that took my mind away from the food groups and that helped too. Whew!
I know this will get easier.
I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...

2 comments:

  1. Why were you depressed? That's a tricky spot to be in for SURE! You know I know exactly how that feels :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I really miss Jim is all. Ever since he came into my life, my life hasn't been the same and I miss him. Sometimes it kind of overwhelms me and I get down. I think that is mostly it and I can't get a handle on my emotionally eating. Argh!
    Hey, thanks for hanging in there with me and following me. You are too sweet!

    ReplyDelete