Thursday, January 28, 2010

Day 16 - Jan. 27, 2010

Today I began eating just raw foods. Well, as close to raw as I could. For breakfast I had a banana and a spinach shake.
2 big handfuls of spinach
1 can of peaches in pear juice
2 c. water
I added a little too much spinach because there wasn't very much of a peach taste to it, but I drank it anyway and it wasn't bad. But I didn't have fresh peaches so that was the one thing all day that didn't fall in the "fresh" category.
After that I got busy with my day and in the mid afternoon I felt really hungry. Now I can't afford a lot of fresh food. I mean I bought bags of salad and a big bag of spinach, celery, carrots, 1 green pepper, red onions, 2 cucumbers, a few apples, some tangelos, oranges and grapefruit. Those are just the average everyday kind of fruits and veggies, nothing fancy.
So my fear was how to get some substance. Without grains, bread, crackers (I try to keep some whole grain crackers around for munching and snacking), oatmeal, rice, etc. I am worried I'll never feel satisfied eating this way. I ended up having an apple with my natural peanut butter (the other not fresh thing that I ate). The apple was amazing (thank heavens) and I love my peanut butter. After that, I was feeling full and very satisfied.
I took off to run some errands. I got home after 6:00 but wasn't particularly hungry feeling and not really looking forward to dinner. I decided I would have a salad and that just didn't sound so good to me. Boring...
But then I started pulling out anything I could find that I normally don't put in my salads. I took an apple and sliced almonds and lots of onion and then the other obvious veggies. My salad was delicious and very satisfying. It turned out a little bigger than I needed. It took me forever to eat it all, but that's not so bad. I really did enjoy it. Surprised the heck out of me. Ha!
I went to bed feeling better physically and emotionally. Not a bad reward for giving up all the "good stuff" for a day.
Oh and I jogged on my little tramp. I remembered that it usually took 30 min. to run 2 miles and so that is what I did. I noticed if I jogged moving my legs in the same position that I would have outside on the road, I got a great workout. I was all sweaty and had to work on my breathing. It was more normal to lift my knees and I had to keep correcting myself to go back to a jogging stance. I really felt it in my legs. I also held weights for part of it. I am going pretty easy to see how my knees do. We'll see, but it is a start. Yay!
My new motto --- Fifty-nine and lookin' fine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. You go girl! I am seriously impressed by your determination! I don't know how I would do without bread, rice or beans. I think it is really impressive and I really enjoy that you're blogging again. I love to hear how you are doing on all of this and just in general too.

    ReplyDelete