Thursday, January 21, 2010

Day 9 - Jan. 20, 2010

My diet is not something I really want to have to think about all of the time. I don't want food to be on my mind ALL the time. I want to be that kind of person that has a casual relationship with food not hot and heavy with it all the time. I know it is the whole "eat to live not live to eat." That's what I'm striving for.
That is also one of the things I love the most about the Word of Wisdom. It puts food in the right perspective. I don't think God is very happy about the food industry. I don't think he likes all the preservatives and he must get a chuckle out of watching us eat things that are so commercially dictated with pictures of Dora and Spongebob. I mean puhleeeeeze...is that really food in the first place?
Just look at those beautiful fruits and veggies. They are the subject of great works of art and nothing can ever be so good, really!
Just to report...
I did fairly well again until the night time. I was so proud that I didn't eat much dinner (I made chicken divan). But later I had crackers and cheese and another bag of popcorn. I've got to STOP doing that.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe when your hungry you should just GO TO BED! That's what I should do.

    I really loved your point about fruits and veggies being works of art. That made me stop and think about the processed foods. The process stuff really doesn't add up, does it? Thanks for that insight. Very helpful. This post made me feel dedicated to what I've been wanting to do for the past two summers, shop at the farmers market every week for most of my food. By golly! this is the year! Keep up posting and being honest.

    ReplyDelete