Monday, February 8, 2010

Day 26 - Feb. 6, 2010

Now I feel alive again. It is like coming out of a hibernation of sorts. I didn't realize how the winter weather has confined me so much. In past years, I've walked outside through all kinds of weather. But where I live now, I am surrounded by heavily traveled roads and because of the snow, there are no shoulders to walk on, too dangerous. All of the nature trails are covered with so much snow they are impassable. So I have stayed in my house fighting my battle with food.
Today however, I volunteered at Legacy Art Park at Crystal Mountain. They were having a snowshoe event and I helped out. It was very cold and the wind was bitter, but the sun was shining and the sky was a perfect happy blue and it felt sooooooo good. It was so good for my soul and body. Near the end of my duty I took off on my snow shoes and hiked the trails. The sculptures were fun to see and the up and down of the trails were a workout on those thing-a-ma-jobbies. (: I came home happy that I had found such a fun place, helped out a worthy cause, gotten a little workout, and fed my nature hungry soul.
Didn't think about food. I passed up the hot chocolate and donuts. I made it home to eat a wholesome healthy lunch. Wahoooo! And at dinner time I made a fabulous veggie pizza and ate half of what I wanted to eat. Not a bad day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment