Monday, February 8, 2010

Day 27 - Feb. 7, 2010

We had company for dinner. Caitlyn requested sloppy joe's for dinner. I didn't want the meat so I made veggie burgers. They started with lentils and I added onions, mushrooms, garlic, spinach, bread crumbs, walnuts, pepper, dry mustard. I was a little disappointed that they didn't stay together a little better, but I really liked the taste of them. And it was very filling. I made enough to freeze individual patties. When I get the urge for a hamburger, I'll just pull one out and heat it up. I am so happy about that. Everything else we had for dinner was "legal" (cucumbers, green beans, french fries - not too many) and I felt totally satisfied with my meal.
Because I am again having family home evening at my house tomorrow, I made a New York style cheesecake for tomorrow. It took a long time to cook but was an easy recipe to make. Caity and I snuck a tiny sliver just to see if it was any good. Oh man, I'm going to love this. The thing I really like about it is that it is made with agave. So it is legal for me. I'm going to take my dehydrated raspberries and make a little sauce with it to drizzle over the top. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment