Saturday, March 6, 2010

Day 54 - March 6, 2010

It's been a long time since I've written. I'm still at it. In fact it seems like old news. I haven't noticed any real benefits because I can't seem to keep at it without slipping here or there, just a wee bit, from time to time.
A week ago, I had company, and trying to use up the meat in my freezer, I made a weekend full of meat meals. I only had a little bit. I never really "pigged" (ha) out on any of the meaty stuff, but I did have a little.
It is interesting to me when I look back on my life. For so many years, eating nutritionally meant having a good serving of meat, a salad, a cooked vegetable and a serving of fruit. I thought I was being a good wife and mother if I served my family a meal like that. And I was a really good provider if I made a dessert each night. I fed my family that way day after day and year after year for a very long time. I still find myself reverting back to those habits from time to time. At least my thoughts wander over that way.
To eat the way I am eating now would have seemed so far out there. It would have been so extreme. But it seems so common sense and such an obvious choice to me now. I guess I have come a long way.

No comments:

Post a Comment